We need help to complete this important documentary on media bias. T.L. Davis

Friday, December 20, 2013

Media Assassination: Duck Dynasty

I confess I did not read the GQ article that started the Duck Dynasty controversy. I don't know if Phil Robertson linked his views on homosexuality with his faith. I don't know and I don't care. I have watched Duck Dynasty and here is my take on the Robertson clan: They don't care about the show near as much as A&E does.

Not too long ago there was a story about A&E wanting to keep the prayers in the show general and not to mention Jesus. To this, Phil Robertson said no Jesus, no show. I think the GQ interview was a hit piece. It was set up by A&E. I think they wanted to get rid of Phil and thought they might be able to deal with the children if he were out of the picture. So, they set up this interview and they were shocked, shocked that he might say something that would give them the moral high ground for suspending him.

The purpose, if you understand how this works, was not only to get rid of Phil and keep their massively popular show on a more secular footing, but also to warn all Christians not express their faith in public. What the government cannot comfortably do, the media is more than willing to tackle. They are on the same side, after all.

As a Christian, I stand solidly behind Phil Robertson; not the reality TV star, but the man. I have watched enough of the show to know that he speaks his mind. He is accustomed to being rigid where others are squishy. He is accustomed to being out of step with modern society, because he tells the truth as he knows it and modern society doesn't want anything to do with the truth. We have elected a president who lies almost with every breath and we just shrug it off. We are told that trillions can be borrowed and spent and no one will ever pay the price. We look at a dollar bill and believe that it still has some value, somehow. Modern society hates the truth, it just isn't nice.

There are a lot bigger issues in the world than Duck Dynasty and who is and who is not on the show. The show itself is really irrelevant, but as a peak into the lives of people I commonly associate with I enjoy the down-home sense of it all. I enjoy the prayers, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that I have watched the show wondering how long it would be before they came after the Robertsons for their gall, their open slap in the face to the Marxists by professing their faith. As they and everyone else should know by now Government is God and will not tolerate competition. 


  1. Amen... brother, you called it.

    Let us all be "Happy happy happy"...
    We should all get in touch,
    with our inner duck.
    Even these so called preachers that come on tv castigating a true man of God.
    Phil is what this nation needs.
    What was it that the British were more afraid of than G. Washington's pathetic little army?
    The Black Robe Regiment... where is our Black Robe regiment of today? They were bought off by 30 pieces of tax free silver.
    Go Phil, show America what it means to be a MAN.
    The modern version of the Black Robe Regiment;
    The Duck Regiment

  2. It is so easy to get tunnel vision, easy to focus on the negativity we are bombarded with daily.

    There is true HOPE with faith in Christ, these youth shine a light that is uplifting for our future. They sold out every concert this year. Please watch and listen.


  3. What executive order said this?

    Thou shalt put no other gods before me.


About Me

My photo
I am a published and produced writer, a novelist, a freelance writer, a playwright and blogger.