Saturday, September 19, 2015

I Will Follow God

I received an email last night that set me to thinking and this is Christian Mercenary, so...

The nation we have now is far removed from the nation our parents and grandparents knew. For those atheists out there, it is probably a better nation now than then, but for Christians, it is much worse. The best way I can explain my Christianity to those who don't believe is that I am a better person for being a Christian. Argument concluded. Only those who knew me when I was not a believer can understand the importance and validity of that statement. I am a better person.

The daily assaults on our culture are a result of having lost the Christian emphasis in our society. Atheists always look at the worst in Christianity to make their arguments, not the best. They do not look at when our neighbors are in need it is always the Christians, the churches, that seek to come to their aid. They do not see that it is the state that prevents churches from offering more assistance to the homeless and the hungry. The state works against the Christian impulse toward charity, because it doesn't want charity, it wants dependence and so passes laws against impromptu kitchens and overnight emergency shelters.

Everything the state runs it runs poorly and since it makes the laws, everything it does is de facto legal. This is why the police come along to shut down lemonade stands for not having applied for a permit, because children must be prevented from an impulse toward capitalism and they must not miss the message that no commerce is outside the scope of the government. The police are the muscle behind the clerks who issue permits.

As the state has risen to push Christianity out of the public realm, it has embraced the opposite. Planned Parenthood is still defended by bright-eyed liberal women on television, despite the disgusting act of parting out of the unborn for fun and profit. Planned Parenthood continues to celebrate the hateful racist founder and liberal hero Margaret Sanger. In this non-Christian nation we are building, the hate is palpable, the evil is evident in rhetoric and deed.

And, just when I was scratching around for somehow to derail this trend toward the destruction of Christianity and the obliteration of charity, I got an email from a reader, Christian and fellow patriot and I realized it is not for me to solve these issues (as if I could). This is what God does. This is what Jesus is for.

I listen to the word of God and follow His guidance. (though I do not think I am a good example of what a Christian is) I do my best to always seek the path that God would have me walk. He has led me through fatherhood, through marriage, through business decisions, through the deaths of loved ones and through the death of my nation. I have asked Him many times if it is time for me to put down the plough and take up the sword. Silence. No signs, no signals.

I have come to the understanding that God created this nation and it is for Him to save it or destroy it. Our predicament is beyond the ability of Man to correct. Only God can fix this one. Then, the words of Revelation came back to me, the part about the mark of the Beast being necessary for commerce and that it is really a choice of which God to worship, the God of light or the Prince of Darkness.

This nation we live in with its denigration of God and Christ is the filthy hole that must exist once God is forced from the public discourse. The poverty, the crime, the corruption and all of the black-hearted impulses that make up our daily social interactions are the natural result.

I take the political betrayal of our system by our elected officials personally. I have fought back against that at every turn. It is necessary for me to expose that whenever I encounter it. Liberty is important and for religious reasons as much as any, because it was the second gift from God to Man behind only the gift of life itself. God gave man the liberty to choose whether to eat from the Tree of Knowledge. God gave man the liberty to worship Him or the serpent. That Man has failed every test has not given Him reason to destroy us all, so that each person still has the liberty to make that choice.

What seems important to me now is to be worthy of His grace and prepare myself to be his agent when the time comes to address the grievances He has for this nation that relied so heavily upon Him during the cold winter at Valley Forge, through the devastation of the Civil War, through the challenges of WWII and turned its back on Him when salvation had been delivered.

I have seen the destruction of this nation as being against the will of God, like we were letting Him down, but now understand that a nation so arrogant that the people think they can shun His grace and remain unconquered and undestroyed is perhaps too arrogant to be saved from the fate they have clamored to obtain. When forced to choose between America and God, I will follow God. 


  1. I could have written those same words. Thank you Sir for so eloquently stating that which is so many of our hearts.

  2. Still at the plough and polishing my rusty sword.

  3. "For those atheists out there, it is probably a better nation now than then..."

    For every atheist you can produce for which this is true, I can produce more for whom it is false. IOW it's a poor guess.

    Formally it's called "arguing by inessentials." You can make this War about whatever you wish. After all, everyone else does, which is how the commie-libs got us here in the first place. There's so much charity out there that we're nearly suffocating from it. You're an expert on the nature of Capitalism and so you understand why...everyone forgot about who's producing it.

    About half the world will be happy to agree that it's about religion. But of course it isn't; it's about Rightful Liberty and nothing else. Tyrants stand against willful action without regard to how it came about; defenders of Liberty stand FOR willful action, however THAT comes about..."within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others," of course. Individualism versus collectivism, yadda yadda.

    This country was colonized by those seeking peace in their religious beliefs and the very, very first right addressed in the Bill of Rights is about religion. I'd suggest that this isn't the time to be tearing down those founding principles.

    No great leader ever got there by pandering to the common beliefs of his followers. That's how gang leaders get there. IMO you're a great leader, TL, and have done great work helping us all move toward liberty. The issue isn't what motivates you to be that way---if it's a devout belief in God, then that's what it is. In any social/political context, it doesn't matter a hill of beans WHY people do what they do; it only matters WHAT they do.

    I figure we're each blessed to even be here, and I figure the longer we're here the better. It's alright to believe that God inspires us to do what we do, but IMO any message that it's anything but us who's controlling the action here on Earth, is necessarily detrimental to the ultimate goal. Time will show that when all the fluff is stripped away, none of this was ever about anything but Individual Responsibility. Whether imbued in us by God or emergent of our conceptual faculty, Free Will is what we are and Responsibility is what attends that.

    1. You are right.
      I didn't mean to imply this is a religious war, only that my motivation for it was through a respect for God and His gift of liberty and that I have come to the understanding that God is in control of when and how and I am merely here to do when asked.

    2. Thanks for that; glad my comment wasn't like a lead balloon. Even in a religious context, I'm pretty sure His gift is Free Will. The liberty we have to earn ourselves.

      You know what I could never figure out, and still can't? Why in the world would anyone even WANT the unearned? To me it sounds like wanting the flu. That's why I find the FSA so maddening, but happily do-nothings usually do nothing. There's nothing stopping us but least not yet.

  4. Last evening I went to a talk by David Barton of about the biblical roots of the US. I always knew ours was a Christian Country but didn't realize how deep.

    The battle is between reason and irrational feeling. Truth is truth. Morality is objective - but we can choose evil, but it is hard to feel good about sinning. The culture has confused things. But not everywhere.

    Even rational Atheists. Ayn Rand puts reason first, says morality is objective, (real, not crony) capitalism is moral, and recognizes rights. The characters in ther novels behave better than most televangelical Christians today. So even honest atheists recognize truth.

    God says those who obey his commandments are his. Not those who proclaim faith with trumpets loke the pharisees. And we can disagree profoundly about God, angels, the afterlife which we can't show as it is veiled. But good and evil are plain and clear amd written upon nature like a flashing neon sign. "Theft, fraud, murder is evil" is just as true as "2+3=5".

    One thing is God is just. We will pay for our slumber, letting things fall apart, but remember that Angels came to get Lot out of Sodom (but remember his wife). Israel fell but Judah stood for years. For the sake of 10 righteous he would not destroy the cities.

    That is my hope. Here, where I intentionally moved to so as to be near a good church, almost everyone I've met, we still pray, invoke God discuss the Bible. The infection has not spread here. In other areas it is being fought (e.g. Matt Shea in Spokane). Christians are fleeing the oppression and sin. God is sorting and positioning his people. I don't know for what, only God knows what is coming. Jesus promised "I will never leave you nor forsake you". Things might get less comfortable, but we are to be attached to our Savior, not the world.

    1. I too felt the calling to leave the big city in the NorthEast and move West. Now that I'm here I'm surrounded by Christian people of like mind along with the progressives coming in to foul the place from California and Washington State. But your statement " Christians are fleeing the oppression and sin. God is sorting and positioning his people." really struck a nerve. Well said. I have been sorted by God and await his command.

  5. The idea that we may be called upon to be agents of destruction of what we love rather than agents of its salvation is sobering indeed. It is liberating to understand that it rests not on your shoulders but on The Father's. Doesn't remove the obligation, but it does instill boldness and a sense of peace. Praying for every Truth to be made apparent, and for wisdom to know when the smallest voice is from Him. -55six

  6. "When forced to choose between America and God, I will follow God."

    Thanks TL.. There has always been Evil and it has always swayed the hearts of man but in the America I grew up in as I am almost 63 years old Evil worked mostly in the darkness and in the shadows. Today however Evil walks among us in the light and does so because man has begun to accept Evil as common place and if not acceptable at least inevitable.

    This has been foretold and has been written and at some time will come to pass. It will get much worse before it gets better but in the end Evil and Darkness will be defeated. Until then when you are confronting Darkness walk in the Light.

  7. Most atheists I run into acknowledge they have been getting their way on pretty much everything, but have no explanation as to why they are still so miserable, and that things are looking bleaker each passing day.

    I try to explain the way things really are to them, then.......

    They wish to confront my faith with Jonah, the resurrection, Noah, the parting of the red sea, virgin birth etc.

    I simply point out that the words in genesis chapter one, verse one, are the same across all versions, and if they can't get past that there is no point in debating the rest.

    That which is man made is failing them, utterly.

    1. I am an atheist who thinks things are personally great! Family is great, job is great, community is great, and its good. I would not say that things look bleaker every passing day, not at all. I wonder if your sample size is too small.

    2. I gladly discuss scripture with anyone who is interested, however if they are merely trying to argue and discredit scripture I leave them to their own thoughts. Based on I Corinthians 2:12-14 I understand why any discussion with a non-believer whose goal is to prove scripture wrong is a waste of time.

      "12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

      13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy[a] Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

      Dino, I am happy for you that life is good for you and your family! If you are interested you might read Ecclesiastes in the Old Testament for another viewpoint on the endeavors of humans. If not, peace be with you.

    3. Dino, absolute irony! Thanks for that!
      Look around, corruption and decay on an unstainable scale.
      Has it ever been perfect? No way it ever could be.
      You really think the body politic can go on lying for ever?
      Like the central bank can just keep printing money ad infinity? Bankers and thugs can just steal whatever anytime they want? Forever? What works for you now, might not in the future. Ask a Disney employee.
      And since your an atheist, By what authority do you enforce your definition of, "enough" on all those of our self imposed betters? I know, logic and reason work. right up until they don't. Maybe you don't find yourself scratching your head as much as I do these days? if not, good for you. glad you got it figured.
      All I see is a house that lawyers built getting ready to be bulldozed by those that can breed the fastest. And your telling folks we need a bigger sample size? To funny! Enjoy neighbor..................MTHead
      P.S. I keep asking my wife; just when should Lot have left Sodom?

  8. Well written, right on point. I have moved my family to North Idaho to escape the collapse of America. We will not escape all of what is to come but we have a better chance at living the way God wants us to here than in a blue state especially a blue state big city. I serve God, not a Godless nation.


  9. 3. The Pope's Visit and the Collapse


    Mary, the Mother of Jesus speaks:

    I cannot say that the economic collapse is distant when really it is near, or that it will be short when really it will be long, or that it will be easy, when really it will be quite difficult. Only truth gives the light needed for hope. So, I will now speak words of truth.

    This collapse has been a long time in coming, preceded by many incidents that should have awakened the world. God is not the cause of the collapse and the collapse is not a divine chastisement. The collapse comes because of man’s free will and the choices he has made. The collapse has no purpose. It results from purposeless decisions made from self-interest.

    The collapse will not come before Pope Francis comes to America but it will happen while he is in America. I deliberately brought the Pope to America, the world’s financial center, to be here when it takes place. I want him to be part of the picture. I want him to be present. His presence in America will be my sign that the Church is very important in saving mankind from its own follies. Toward the end of his trip, he will have to shift his message and address the new world situation. In this way, I will begin to exalt the Church as a beacon of light in the darkness.

    During September, Congress will be voting on the Iran treaty. Terrorism and economic difficulties are the twin evils which will mark the years ahead. All of these good and evil forces, papacy, economic collapse and nuclear war will be merged in a single unforgettable moment, as they all come together in September, 2015.

    If you are so inclined, go to and read the recent messages listed in the column on the right to get the full context of this event

  10. We pray for those who are deceived, because they are seduced by him who comes disguised as an angel of light. We pray because we are called to intercede, even though we know that "there are none so blind as those who WILL NOT see, none so deaf as those who WILL NOT hear..." it is, sadly, a choice given by a loving Lord who grants free will, even if it breaks His heart, that despite His love, they choose death. Often, we seem to be voices crying out in the wilderness... but if we are silent, would the stones cry out?
    We need to remember and be mindful that God is unchanging, He is the same always. We serve a Great King; and... "The Lord is a warrior, the Lord is His Name."
    It does seem the height of American arrogance to believe we shall not be chastened, for He does love us as His children. And the nation that still prints "In God we trust" on its (nearly worthless) currency, will soon find that perhaps all the value it has - or ever really did - was that simple reminder.
    Shame on so many for forgetting the simple truth.
    And again thank you brother TL for your insight, truth, and eloquence. Grandpa sends....

  11. Reverend Phelps said the same thing. Why did he protest at military funerals? Because he didn't want boys dying for a Sodomite Empire. He was right, and everyone else was wrong, as is now clear, right? Was it offensive? Of course. Some values trump politeness. See the life of Socrates and Jesus.

  12. Read the Old Testament.

    Israel went in to captivity time and time again, because of Baal worship and child sacrifice.

    God was long-suffering, but eventually punished Israel.

    I accept the coming wrath as long overdue.

    I pray daily for the strength to confess HIM even though it cost me my life. (after all, to die is to be with Christ)


    -Blake W. Hiatt

  13. Quote: "after all, to die is to be with Christ"
    Nope, you should be resurrected first.
    or it is very crowded wherever the Man is.
    and certainly not when you o.d. etc.


About Me

My photo
I am a published and produced writer, a novelist, a freelance writer, a playwright and blogger.