Lies of Omission

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Southwest Patcon

The idea of a Patcon is important.  The further down the road we go toward chaos, the more important the idea of holding a Patcon becomes.  But, I have been surprised at the lack of understanding of what a Patcon means and what it is supposed to accomplish.


I am attempting to put together a Southwest Patcon, but I need someone to help out with a location, preferably in New Mexico.  It should be private property.  But in attempting to arrange this Patcon, I have run into opinions and attitudes that have revealed the fact that most people don't really understand the definition or purpose of Patcons.


Patcons are a term that myself and Bill Nye came up with for Patriot Conference or Patriot Convention, either/or, it doesn't really matter what the etymology of the word is, the purpose is to gather as patriots to the Constitution, Second Amendment activists, or Three Percenters, to establish connections in your local area and to share knowledge and receive training in either tactics or communications.


The one thing we can all agree on is there is a crisis coming.  Whether that is a crisis of culture, of politics, of economics or all three at once, it is coming and those most prepared to not only defend themselves, but their community against those who would harm it are ahead of the game.


Patcons are designed to bring like-minded people together to discuss, plan and educate themselves on methods that will ensure that when the dust settles, there are people alive who understand the value of the Constitutional protections of rights and who are capable and willing to defend these rights against whoever might want to subvert them for their own purposes. 


Everything in modern American culture has been subverted in order to deny these rights.  The government views individual rights as detrimental to their goals and objectives.  As they have worked to deny these rights to advance their collectivist agenda, it has become more important for individuals to secure these rights through active implementation.


Open carry events are an example of this tactic.  When a group of individuals demonstrate their rights by carrying weapons openly as allowed by law and right, they establish those rights both in culture and in law.  Otherwise, it is easy for government agencies to treat open carry as a violation of law, even if they cannot point to a law that if violates. 


Patcons are an expression of the same thing.  They establish the rights of individuals who carry weapons openly to gather and discuss the methods of self-defense against threats that might endanger themselves or their communities.


The true fact is that when there is a period of economic, political or cultural chaos, the police are likely to be protecting their own families rather than everyone else's.  The recent events in Dallas and Baton Rouge are examples.  After police officers were ambushed and executed by individuals connected in one way or the other with Black Lives Matter, police forces across the nation were subjected to numerous filings for retirement.  Police officers decided that their lives were more important that civil defense.  That is a logical response and one that should be anticipated during a period of chaos.


Establishing a community defense team or CDT, as many of those who have participated in Patcons have done, is an important step in not only defending loved ones, but the political principles of liberty and freedom.


Due to positive responses received when I first suggested a Southwest Patcon, I am encouraged to openly search for someone willing to provide the property on which such a Patcon might be held.  Since many of those who might attend would be looking to camp out at the site, a certain amount of private property would be useful.  It should be close to other amenities where people might stay who do not plan to camp out. 


If I can secure a location, I will do the work of ensuring certain accommodations necessary to the event, including some training opportunities.  I will dedicate funds to make sure the event is of use and value to all who attend. 


Please respond to tl@tldavis.com

23 comments:

  1. Dear Lord, Please let this happen somewhere in or around Abq N.M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking into a site in Northern New Mexico, not too far from Albuquerque.

      Delete
  2. Do you have a cite for the numerous filings for retirement of police officers after the BLM shootings? Just curious because it's a very nice little nugget of info that I'll find useful for future arguments.

    Keep up the good work

    J. Wilson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't, just news stories I heard after the Baton Rouge murders and in the general conversation surrounding Dallas. I could probably look it up, it was an interview with the Chief of Police of Baton Rouge.

      Delete
    2. No problem - I'll do some searching and see if I can find anything.

      Delete
  3. You might consider Arizona. From mid October thru May the weather is perfect Best gun laws in the US and there are sites available. New Mexico is a liberal illegal sanctuary state and I'm not familiar with their gun laws. I'll check around and see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This isn't just a one-time thing, we could do one in both states at different times. I am open to anything, because this is the best way to make the connections that are needed, not only to survive, but develop a base of operations to push the ideas of liberty out from the chaos.

      So, please, if you find a location I am always open to it.

      Delete
  4. Events of this type are held year round @ the location I messaged you and I'll get busy getting you a contact #.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TL, I don't normally post things on the net, but just this once....stay away from NewMexico. The farther north you go, the more it becomes a stay away place, gringo. I LIVED there, I know the people and the culture. A very limited area would welcome you. AZ is the correct place.
    You don't know me, I don't know you. Just a friendly word of advice from a lurker that has been involved in prepping since the 70s.



    ReplyDelete
  6. What about a Northwest Patcon? If there is one (or has already been one) where is it, and when?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might check around. There is one in Idaho.

      Delete
  7. Why is the state of texas being ignored as a place to hold such events. Not that its just this plan, but in general I have rarely seen any organizers use this state for such purposes. We are centrally located equidistant from either coast. We are a huge state and during fall,winter, and spring a wonderful climate for working outdoors. I don't think we are hard to get along with....but..

    August 5, 2016 at 2:35 PM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Texas held the FIRST Patcon. And as designed it imploded to ensure no one could or would use the Patcon concept for thier benefit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one was initiated by Bill Nye. We worked on the concept together. I never heard much after that. But, the Patcon concept is no one's to own or destroy. It is an idea, not a copyrighted work. I have been to several very successful Patcons, so imploding it only destroyed it for the individual involved, not the concept.

      Delete
    2. You're so full of shit TL..

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. If you know something I don't, take off the tag of anonymity and let fly. But since I remember distinctly the conversation during which the term was developed and the fact that we never defined what the "con" part actually stood for, you have an uphill battle.

      Delete
  9. I'm game. Depending on where in northern NM, I might be able to garner some local support.

    I disagree with Ornery regarding NM being unfriendly to a PatCon. Especially east of I-25 are Anglo ranchers with the right mindset.

    It is the north-central mountains that might pose some resistance to the Patcon idea. But if you really think about it, there could be some common ground with the old-time Hispanic mountain peoples of northern NM, analagous to Appalachia: they just want to be left alone, without intrusion by outsiders, including the federal government.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. I am still waiting to hear about Northern New Mexico, but my assumption is it would be right in the area where there might be an issue. Not that it would stop anything we plan to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in SoCal and am interested in attending. If I can afford the time off.
    858*70

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a published and produced writer, a novelist, a freelance writer, a playwright and blogger.