Lies of Omission

Lies of Omission
An Amazing Documentary

Friday, September 8, 2017

Oathkeepers Requests Volunteers

12 Round Productions is on the verge of some very positive developments, but others have failed to develop, so I am holding my tongue when it comes to who, what and where. The middle of this month will be important for us. But, I cannot go forward without addressing a few things that come to mind.

It has been brought up more than once that there is a sort of joy taken in the difficulties of one of our own. I don't understand that, but I have felt it. I thought the III% would support us. I thought the Oathkeepers would support us. I thought big blog sites would support us. I thought gun stores would support us. While we have gotten support from some of all of those groups, there has been no blanket support or real encouragement. But, it is for each to decide for themselves what they want to encourage and what they want to discourage. I just thought that with our ability to help so many other liberty-focused efforts that even those who did not particularly support Lies of Omission might want to support our ultimate purpose.

But, we are adults and recognize that it is our company to grow and our support to track down, tackle and bring back to the cave.

I bring this up, because it goes deeper than just 12 Round Productions and Lies of Omission. I noticed in the news where Oathkeepers were asking for volunteers, i.e., retired police officers to help to secure a warehouse down in Texas where supplies were being shipped, but also subject to hijacking by the locals as the warehouse is in a bad neighborhood where gangs and crime are rampant. Well, having been snubbed by Stewart Rhodes where Lies of Omission is concerned, even though it benefits, or could benefit to a great deal, the memory of his good friend Mike Vanderboegh, my first instinct was to play the old, "where were they when we could have used their help" sort of routine. Then, I realized I was falling into the same nonsense I had just been criticizing. So, I won't.

What Stewart Rhodes and Oathkeepers are asking for are professionals, who can recognize a threat and deal with it effectively.

I have always hated that aspect of this factionalized community, where one will not assist another because their sense of ethics have been violated, or they once talked to someone who had violated their sense of ethics and there are just as many who refuse to assist THAT one because somewhere along the lines of 20 some years of activism they had stepped out of the lines of another group, or once spoke to someone who had.

What Oathkeepers are asking for is good and decent and they don't really want my help, but I will gladly support what they are trying to do.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, reference in-fighting that cut PATCON participation in half+.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T.L.,

    I have never been a fan of Mr. Rhodes or OK in general. Recently I was asked to sponsor a chapter of OK in my AO. I did not decline nor accept. Left it as is....no OK in my AO.

    I have a hard time accepting associations with badged thugs, current or former, as they have routinely defecated upon their oath time and time again.

    Hope you are continuing to recover from your mishap. Thank you for all you do and have done.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a published and produced writer, a novelist, a freelance writer, a playwright and blogger.